Saturday 23 May 2020

Oliver S. Odo: "Backfriend my Friend" and it's analysis by E-CAF

             

Hello! Backfriend the sweet atter
You have been giving to me is
My life support to live longer
I want you to know that bitter
Is a medication for the unhealthy living
Hungry doesn't kill a free goat that
Dines from its enemy farmland.
       
Criticism of Oliver S. Odo's B"Backfriend my friend" by Chidubem Egwudike
The persona, in this work, tells us the the kind of ironic impact false friends have on us.

Just like the famous quote by C. Ronaldo: "your hate makes me stronger" - the persona in his own words puts it that "...the sweet atter" (L.1) he has been given is his "...life support to live longer" (L.3).
He tells us that the unfavourable act directed towards him is nothing but a converted energy into positive favours - eternal life is evident here.
He tells his false friend that "bitter/ is a medication for the unhealthy living" (L.4-5)
In other words, those who gets frenzy [or "bitter"] by the doings of their enemies are quite the weak ones, which he presented as "the unhealthy living" (L.5)
He summed it all by telling them that "hungry doesn't kill a free goat that dines from it's enemy farmland." (L.7)
I.e labelling himself as "a free goat" paints a clear picture of one's stubbornness that is determined by the way he lives his life and not the way "backfriend" deem it fit.
My take.
Weldon ODO Oliver!

10 comments:

  1. Good on.
    Secondly; poems also deserve punctuations and capslock where necessary...
    Finally; better days ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback 'Konam. I will deliver this to the poet.

      Delete
  2. Nice work dear, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lines. It's cool. You analyzed it well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr Ben 😊. The pleasure is mine.

      Delete

Had an awesome read? Lets know what you think via the comment section. 😊 Follow us on instagram @EgwudikeCAF